Electronic Personal Dosimeter POLISMART® II PM1904A is the latest development in the field of professional devices of radiation control for wide use designed by Polimaster Team. POLISMART® II PM1904A is a must-have add-on to iPhone/iPad or Android device for everyone concerned about radiation safety and minimization of the negative radiation impact.
POLISMART® II PM1904A – is a brand-new personal dosimeter of POLISMART series, which is designed to continuously monitor and measure ionizing radiation from gamma emitting radiation sources and provide visual and sound alarms whenever preset thresholds are exceeded.
It is a new-trend networked gamma detector with Bluetooth capability in a small-size for iPhone® or Android users.
POLISMART® II PM1904A operates fully autonomously, can exchange data with user’s mobile device in real time via Bluetooth v 4.0 Low Energy Module (BLE112)wireless connection (iOS, AndroidOS).
The User Software allows recording tracks marked with DER and DE values using the ability of GPS positioning of user’s mobile device. Mobile app for POLISMART® II can be downloaded from the App StoreSMor from Google PlayTM.The device is recommended for professionals, who work with or around y-radiation materials. Since the dosimeter doesn’t need expert knowledge in health physics, non-professionals are able to use it for personal safety control.
PM1904A POLISMART® is designed for continuous measurement of personal Dose Equivalent Hp(10) (DE) and personal Dose Equivalent Rate Hp(10) (DER) from gamma radiation sources.
The dosimeter has two independent alarm thresholds for DE and DER. The first threshold means ATTENTION, the second threshold means DANGER. When thresholds are exceeded, PM1904A alerts the user with flashing light signals and sound alarms indicating that a radiation source is nearby or a critical dose has been accumulated.
For convenience of use of the device, lanyard and PVC badges with clip are provided.
Levels of sound and light alarm:
- Green flash – the device is operating normally and background radiation is below preset thresholds;
- Red flash/sound – threshold was exceeded;
- Blue flash – the device is operating via Bluetooth
The Track mode allows the user to record the movement of POLISMART® II and display it on the map. Track waypoints are added to the current route in accordance with predefined user conditions: Distance, Time, Radiation threshold exceeding.
Autonomous operation of the device:
PM1904A POLISMART® operates fully autonomously when the battery is charged. It automatically records all measurements in non-volatile memory at preset intervals. The interval of recording can be set within the values from 1 minute to 18 hours using the supplied User Software.
Communication with mobile devices:
Mobile app for POLISMART® II is available for iPod® touch, iPhone®, iPad®(iOS) and for AndroidTM mobile devices and can be downloaded from the App StoreSM or from Google PlayTM.
PM1904A POLISMART® II communicates with your mobile device using Bluetooth v 4.0 Low Energy Module (BLE112) connection. Bluetooth Module BLE112 has CE certification.
Polismart Mobile App allows:
- Independent audio or visual alarm of the preset DE/DER thresholds exceeding;
- Display of DE and DER measurement results;
- Display of measurements results in various units (Sv, R);
- Track recording with radiometric data display on the map;
- History of measurements with automatic grouping and convenient display;
- Downloading event data stored in the instrument memory to the database;
- Working with the instrument over the mobile device in real-time data exchange mode;
- Flexible custom settings (thresholds, radiation units, data sorting, filtration and so on);
- Display of geo-linked measurement results of other users;
- Measurement results sharing via Twitter, Facebook;
- View historical radiometric data on the electronic map – The Map of the World
iPhone, iPad touch, and the App Store logo are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Android and the Google play logos are trademarks of Google, Inc.
POLISMART® trademark has been registered to create a series of radiation detectors which can be connected to mobile devices via various interfaces. The first POLISMART® modification appeared in 2004.
Designed to meet IEC 61526: 2012 requirements