Thickness Gauge – UTG-8 The UTG-8 is a precision Ultrasonic thickness gauge.Based on the same operating principles as SONAR, the UTG-8 is capable of measuring the thickness of various materials with accuracy as high as ± 0.001 inches, or ±0.01 millimeters.The principal advantage of ultrasonic measurement over traditional methods is that ultrasonic measurements can be performed with access to only one side of the material being measured.
- Aluminum case;
- Size: 117.5W x 59.6H x 34.6D mm. This is a small-sized portable thickness gauge, which operates on two “AA” batteries (alkaline) for 200 hours;
- Compact for transportation and operation;
- Warranty – 5 years.
- Corrosion & Pitting, Tube & Pipe, Tanks, Boilers, Glass, Various Applications.
Specifications of UTG-8
- Weight: 10.58 (300 g)
- Size: 4.62 W x 2.34H x 1.36 D inch (117.5 W x 59.6H x 34.6D mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120 °F (-20 to 50 °C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps.
- Sealed membrane, resistant to water and petroleum products.
- Two “AA” size, 1.5 volt alkaline or 1.2 volt NiCad cells. 200 hours
- typical operating time on alkaline, 120 hours on NiCad.
- FSNT/POSITIVE Liquid-Crystal-Display, size 30 mm (Height) x 25 mm (Width).
- Range: 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters)
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Accuracy: ±0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter), depends on material and conditions
Sound Velocity Range: 0.0492 to 0.3930 in/ms (1250 to 10000m/s)